Learn how to air fry dumplings and make a fast, delicious, and healthy meal in less than 10 minutes. Perfect for busy moms.
If you’re looking for a crispy, fried dumpling without the added fat, air frying is the perfect solution. In just minutes, you can have a batch of delicious dumplings that are healthier and just as tasty as their deep-fried counterparts. Follow these easy steps to learn how to air fry dumplings like a pro.
Why do we love air fryer FROZEN dumplings?
- They’re a healthier alternative to deep-fried dumplings.
- You can cook a large batch at once, making them perfect for meal prep or feeding a crowd.
- They cook in just minutes, so they’re perfect for busy weeknights.
- The air fryer gives them a crispy exterior without all the added fat.
- They’re still delicious when reheated, so you can make a big batch and enjoy them all week long.
wHAT DO YOU NEED TO AIR FRY DUMPLINGS?
- Frozen Dumplings or Potstickers: Any type of frozen dumplings. Pork, Chicken, or Vegetables are fine.
- Olive oil
Preheat the air fryer to 380F for 5 minutes.
Lightly brush some oil onto the air fryer basket.
Place the frozen dumplings into the air fryer basket. Spread them out in a single layer. Cook in batches if required.
Once cooked, remove from the air fryer basket and serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
TIPS FOR AIR FRY DUMPLINGS
- Do not thaw the frozen dumplings before air frying.
- Preheat your air fryer. This will help to ensure evenly cooked dumplings.
- Use a light coating of oil. You don’t need to drench the dumplings in oil, just a light spray will do.
- Cook in batches. Don’t overcrowd the air fryer, or the dumplings will be steamed or soggy instead of crispy.
- Allow the dumplings to cool slightly before eating. This will help to prevent burns from the hot oil inside the dumplings.
Can I reheat the dumplings?
Yes! Leftover dumplings can be reheated in the air fryer for a quick and easy snack or meal.
What dipping sauce should I use?
I love soy sauce, sweet chili sauce, or even a simple vinegar and water mixture. Get creative and experiment with your favorite dipping sauces.
How long do you cook dumplings in the air fryer?
Cooking time will vary depending on the size and thickness of the dumpling wrappers. I recommend cooking for 8-10 minutes, or until the dumplings are golden brown and crispy.
What temperature should I cook the air fryer dumplings?
I recommend cooking at 380F. This temperature will give you the perfect balance of crispy exterior and cooked interior. At 400F, the exterior browns too fast while the interior is still cold.
WHERE can you buy frozen dumplings or potstickers?
You can find frozen dumplings or potstickers in the freezer section of most grocery stores. I like to keep a few bags on hand for quick and easy meals.
WHAT AIR FRYER SHOULD YOU USE TO AIR FRY DUMPLINGS?
I recommend using an air fryer that has a capacity of about 3-4 quarts like the DREO Air Fryer. This size air fryer will cook 12 dumplings at a time, which is the perfect amount for a quick snack or light meal. If you have a larger air fryer, you can cook a larger batch of dumplings at once.
Air Fryer Frozen Dumplings
- Air Fryer
- 12 Dumplings
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- Preheat the air fryer to 380F for 5 minutes.
- Lightly brush some oil onto the air fryer basket.
- Place the frozen dumplings into the air fryer basket. Spread them out in a single layer. Cook in batches if required.
- Air fry the dumplings for 4 to 5 minutes at 380F. Flip the dumplings after that and cook for another 3 to 4 minutes or until the air fryer dumplings are crispy and brown.
- Once cooked, remove from the air fryer basket and serve with your favorite dipping sauce.