Last Updated on May 26, 2022
This Air Fry Crispy Potato Wedges recipe is so delicious yet low-fat, dairy-free, gluten-free, and vegan-friendly!
Who doesn’t love some good potato wedges? Crispy on the outside, soft and fluffy on the inside…yum! But deep-frying them can be a pain, and it’s not always the healthiest option. That’s where your trusty air fryer comes in! These air fry crispy potato wedges are so easy to make and are much healthier than traditional deep-fried wedges.
Light and crispy, I guarantee that you’ll love these Air Fry Crispy Potato Wedges as a side dish or a snack. Season with Italian herbs and Cayenne Pepper (or your favorite seasoning) for a kid-friendly recipe.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO MAKE AIR FRY CRISPY POTATO WEDGES
- Russet Potatoes or Yukon Gold are the best potato varieties to make crispy potato wedges in the Air Fryer.
- Olive oil or avocado oil – any high smoke point oil over 400°F (200°C) works great in this recipe.
- Cayenne pepper or smoked paprika for a smoky flavor, or chili powder – pick the spices you prefer.
- Dried Italian herbs or dried oregano, dried parsley, thyme, or rosemary.
HOW TO MAKE AIR FRY CRISPY POTATO WEDGES
Wash and slice the potatoes into wedges. Soak the potatoes in water for 10 minutes.
Place the potato wedges into a pot and boil for 10 minutes at medium heat.
Pat dry the wedges with some paper towels.
Place them in a mixing bowl, and add oil, salt, cayenne pepper, and herbs.
Toss and mix well and ensure that the potatoes are coated evenly.
Preheat the air fryer for 5 minutes at 360°F.
Spray some oil lightly onto the air fryer basket.
Place the potato wedges into the air fryer basket, spread them evenly, and make sure you do not overcrowd the basket. Cook in batches if necessary.
Cook for 15 minutes at 360°F. Shake the air fryer basket every 5 minutes.
Serve hot with extra salt and dip of choice.
These air fry crispy potato wedges came out great! They were crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. Try it!
WHAT ARE THE DIPS THAT ARE DELICIOUS WITH THESE AIR FRY CRISPY POTATO WEDGES?
These are some of my favorite dipping sauces:
- Lemon Aioli
- Nacho cheese sauce
- Barbecue dipping sauce
- Sweet chili sauce
- Mayo dipping sauce
- Sour cream
Feel free to use your favorite dipping sauce!
WHY USE AN AIR FRYER?
There are a number of reasons why you might want to use an air fryer. For one, they’re a healthier option than traditional frying methods. Air fryers use little or no oil, so they’re a great way to cook food without adding extra calories. They’re also convenient and easy to use. Simply place your food in the fryer and press a button—the air fryer will do the rest.
If you’re looking for a healthy, convenient way to cook food, an air fryer is a great option. They’re affordable and easy to use, and they make cooking food a breeze. So what are you waiting for? Pick up an air fryer.
TIPS ON MAKING CRISPY POTATO WEDGES
- Soaking or rinsing the potatoes in water before air frying, will reduce the amount of starch and results in crispier potato wedges.
WHAT ARE THE BEST AIR FRYERS FOR MAKING POTATO WEDGES?
When it comes to choosing an air fryer, there are a few things you’ll want to keep in mind. First, consider the size of the unit. If you have a large family or entertain often, you’ll want to choose a larger unit. If you’re cooking for one or two people, a smaller unit will suffice. Second, think about how often you’ll use the air fryer. If you plan on using it daily, look for a model with durable construction and simple controls. If you only plan on using it occasionally, you can choose a less expensive model. Lastly, consider your budget. Air fryers range in price from around $30 to $200. Choose the model that fits your needs and budget.
I recommend the 6-Quart Nuwave Brio Air Fryer for an affordable large capacity air fryer.
Air Fryer Crispy Potato Wedges
- Air Fryer
- 2 Russet Potatoes
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tbsp Olive oil
- 1/2 tsp Cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp Dried Italian herbs
- Wash and slice the potatoes into wedges. Soak the potatoes in water for 10 minutes.
- Place the potato wedges into a pot and boil for 10 minutes at medium heat.
- Pat dry the wedges with some paper towels.
- Place them in a mixing bowl, and add oil, salt, cayenne pepper, and herbs.
- Toss and mix well and ensure that the potatoes are coated evenly.
- Preheat the air fryer for 5 minutes at 360°F.
- Spray some oil lightly onto the air fryer basket.
- Place the potato wedges into the air fryer basket, spread them evenly, and make sure you do not overcrowd the basket. Cook in batches if necessary.
- Cook for 15 minutes at 360°F. Shake the air fryer basket every 5 minutes.
- Serve hot with extra salt and dip of choice.