Air Fryer Carrot Chips are a healthy snack that also tastes delicious. You can flavor them any way you like or just use this easy recipe for crispy air fryer carrot chips with smoked paprika, salt, and pepper. If you would rather, you can cut your carrots into sticks to make carrot fries, which are just as delicious and even easier to dip!
There are many air fryer recipes out there for these and each one is a little bit different. The secret is… you can add anything you want to this air fryer carrots recipe to make them taste like you want them to. Make them spicy, sweet, or savory, whichever you enjoy. Try salt and vinegar, maple and honey, or hot pepper flavors too.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO MAKE THE AIR FRYER CARROT CHIPS?
These are the simple ingredients for these air fryer carrot chips. Scroll down to our recipe card for the step-by-step directions and exact measurements.
- Carrot slices
- Olive oil
- Smoked paprika
- Salt and pepper
How to cook air fryer carrot chips from scratch?
Preheat: First, preheat your fryer to 375 degrees F.
Combine: Then, mix the carrots, oil, smoked paprika, salt, and black pepper in a large mixing bowl.
Arrange: After, arrange your chips in a single layer in your air fryer basket. You may need to make these in batches depending on the size of your basket.
Cook: Last, cook for 12 minutes before flipping them and cooking for another three to four minutes.
Serve: Finally, you can serve your delicious snack with your family’s favorite dipping sauce.
- Carrot coins: Instead of precutting, you can cut fresh carrots into thin coins.
- Other oils: Feel free to use a different oil such as grapeseed or avocado oil.
- Carrot fries: If you love sweet potato fries, cut them into carrot sticks to make crispy air fryer carrot fries. Our delicious carrot fries are a healthier alternative to traditional fries and taste absolutely amazing.
- Baby: Use baby carrots if you want even smaller bites, great for the kids.
- Extra crispy: For extra crispiness, add corn starch to your ingredients.
- Spicy: Sprinkle in a little cayenne pepper for spicy chips.
- Tangy: You can also make these tangy with a splash of lemon juice.
How to serve THE AIR FRYER CARROT CHIPS?
Serve these as an easy side dish, appetizer, or snack anytime. Whether you make carrot coins or easy air fryer carrot fries, there are many toppings and dips to choose from. Here are some other suggestions you may enjoy:
- One of the most popular dips for these crispy carrot fries or chips is spicy mayo.
- Serve a vegetarian meal of veggie burgers and a salad with these chips on the side.
- Sprinkle some parmesan cheese and garlic powder on top for an Italian flavor.
- For sweeter chips, sprinkle with melted butter and brown sugar.
- Toss some of these in your favorite salad or casserole instead of croutons for a healthier crunch.
- A fun way to get the kids to eat these is to sprinkle them with cinnamon and dip them in caramel sauce.
- They also make a fun side dish, you can serve them with crispy pork chops, chicken, or seafood.
Frequently asked questions:
Are carrot chips healthy?
Air frying is healthier than deep-frying no matter what you are cooking because it uses way less oil. Also, carrots have a lot of vitamins too. This healthy recipe provides over 70% of your daily requirement of vitamin A as well as vitamins K and C. They are also a great source of iron, calcium, fiber, and potassium.
Can I dehydrate fruits and vegetables in the air fryer?
Dehydrating foods can be done with your fryer, but it takes quite a while. Just put the temperature on the lowest setting and cut the veggies or fruit into thin slices. Cook them for about an hour on low. Then, check them and flip them if needed. Continue to cook on the lowest setting for about two or three hours, checking often.
What dips and sauces go well with carrot chips?
There are so many things that you can use to season these. You could sprinkle them with herbs and seasonings or even use cinnamon and sugar for sweet carrot fries or chips. Ranch dressing or Greek yogurt mixed with chives and dill would also be tasty. Sweeter ideas include peanut butter, melted chocolate, or marshmallow fluff.
How to store the leftover Air FRYer CARROT CHIPS?
- Store: You can store your uneaten healthy carrot fries or chips in an airtight container for up to a week in the fridge.
- Freeze: If you cannot eat them within a few days, put them in a freezer bag and freeze them for up to six months.
- Defrost: Thaw overnight in the refrigerator for best results.
- Reheat: Reheat in the microwave or eat at room temperature.
Tips For Making Air Fryer Carrot Chips
- You can also use olive oil spray instead of just the oil to make it easier to coat them evenly.
- If you are cooking these in batches, put the cooked carrot chips on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper and keep them in the oven at 200 degrees F to keep them warm.
- Alternatively, turn up the heat on your oven to 400 degrees F for a couple of minutes before serving for an extra crispy result.
- If you are using fresh carrots, use a vegetable peeler to get rid of the skin before slicing them the easy way with a mandoline slicer.
- Crispy carrot fries are a great option for after-school snacks instead of regular french fries.
Air Fryer Carrot Chips
- Air Fryer
- 12 oz Bag of fresh carrot chips
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 tsp Smoked paprika
- Salt and pepper
- First, preheat your fryer to 375 degrees F.
- Then, mix the carrots, oil, smoked paprika, salt, and black pepper in a large mixing bowl.
- After, arrange your chips in a single layer in your air fryer basket. You may need to make these in batches depending on the size of your basket.
- Last, cook for 12 minutes before flipping them and cooking for another three to four minutes.
- Finally, you can serve your delicious snack with your family’s favorite dipping sauce.
- Air Fryer Stuffed Peppers - May 16, 2023
- Can You Reheat Pizza in Air Fryer? - April 28, 2023
- Healthy Air Fryer Green Beans - April 25, 2023