Serves: 4 | Prep time: 10 mins | Cook time: 25 mins | Total time: 35 mins
Do you enjoy eating Crispy Fried Chicken Drumsticks but worry about putting on weight? These air fryer fried chicken drumsticks are crispy on the outside and so juicy and tender on the inside! They taste like real fried chicken but are healthier as they are cooked using a healthier method using less oil. These are the perfect treat for every fried chicken lover who whats to eat a bit healthier without losing flavor!
If you’ve never had air fried chicken, it might sound a bit funny – because the food in an air fryer isn’t fried – it is more like ultra-convection broiled. You just need a little bit of oil to make them crispy!
These air fried chicken legs are made with buttermilk and have a crispy and slightly spicy breadcrumb crust.
How to Make Air Fryer Fried Chicken Drumsticks
- 8 chicken drumsticks
- 1 cup Buttermilk
- 1 cup Breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Garlic powder
- 11/2 teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon Chili powder
- 1 teaspoon Onion powder
- Put chicken legs in a bowl, add buttermilk, and mix well.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Combine the spices and breadcrumbs in a shallow bowl.
- Dip chicken pieces in the breadcrumb mixture.
- Preheat at the air fryer at 400°F for 3 minutes.
- Lightly oil the air fryer basket.
- Put the chicken drumsticks in a single layer in the basket (don’t overcrowd the basket) and fry for 25 minutes.
- Shake the basket halfway through.
- Check for doneness and serve.
This simple and tasty air fryer fried chicken drumsticks recipe will surely become one of your very favorite dishes to make. You can use this air fryer recipe for other chicken dishes like air fried chicken tenders, air fried chicken wings, etc.
It tastes so good you won’t believe I cooked it with very little oil!