Looking for a delicious and easy chicken wing recipe? These air fryer lemon pepper chicken wings are perfect for game day or a night in with friends! Plus, they’re ready in just 30 minutes. Yum!
These delicious chicken wings are coated in lemon pepper seasoning and cooked to perfection in an air fryer. They make a great appetizer or main dish, and everyone will love their crispy texture and flavor. Trust me, these wings will be gone in no time!
Chicken wings are always a family favorite around here. We love to make them in the oven, but I have to say that my new favorite way to cook them is in the air fryer. The wings come out so crispy and flavorful, and they’re a lot healthier than frying them in oil.
For this recipe, I like to use lemon pepper seasoning. It gives the wings a nice zesty flavor and a bit of spice. You could also use buffalo sauce, Korean sauce, sweet chili sauce, or any other type of sauce you like. The possibilities are endless!
WHAT YOU WILL NEED FOR THE AIR FRYER CHICKEN WINGS?
This recipe for homemade wings uses common ingredients that you might have in your pantry, as well as fresh chicken wings from the grocery store. We recommend using a good jar of lemon pepper seasoning.
- Chicken Wings: A mix of drummettes and wingettes
- Butter: Unsalted butter
- Seasonings: Salt, pepper and lemon pepper seasoning.
- Flour: Just a tablespoon of all purpose flour to give some crispiness
HOW TO MAKE AIR FRYER LEMON PEPPER CHICKEN WINGS?
Preheat the air fryer to 350°F.
Pat dry the wings with paper towels. It is important to ensure that there is no moisture to ensure crispy wings in the air fryer.
Stir flour, salt, and pepper together and toss chicken wings, until evenly coated.
Cook wings at 350°F for 15 minutes and then at 400°F for 3 to 5 minutes.
Once the wings are cooked, put them in a large bowl. Melt butter and add it to the bowl. Sprinkle lemon pepper seasoning over the wings and mix everything together until they are coated.
HOW LONG DO YOU NEED TO MARINATE THE CHICKEN WINGS
They do not need a long time to marinate. If you marinate them for too long, they will get mushy. In 10 minutes, the marinade will work its magic, but you may leave them for up to 2 hours if needed.
HOW TO REHEAT THE CHICKEN WINGS
These air fryer lemon pepper chicken wings are best eaten soon after cooking, but the good news is that they may also be reheated quickly in the air fryer and become crispy again like they’ve just been cooked.
The cooked wings will keep well in the fridge for up to 2 days. To reheat, preheat the air fryer to 360°F and cook for 4 minutes, then, turn the heat to 400°F and cook for another 5 minutes.
TIPS FOR THE BEST AIR FRYER CHICKEN WINGS
- Use fresh chicken wings! I’ve found that using fresh chicken consistently produces the most juicy, soft results. Plus, you won’t have to wait for it to defrost.
- Pat them dry. The drier your chicken is, the better the seasoning will stick to it.
- Let the wings chill in the fridge for maximum crispiness. Regardless of what, the wings will be crispy. Chill them uncovered in the refrigerator for approximately 2 hours before seasoning to add a little more crunch to them.
The verdict? These air fryer lemon pepper chicken wings are lip-smackin’ good. They have a crispy, lemony crust with just the right amount of pepper spice. And because they’re air-fried, they’re not as greasy as traditional chicken wings. In fact, you can eat quite a few without feeling weighed down. If you want to try them out for yourself, we’ve got the recipe below. Enjoy!
Air Fryer Lemon Pepper Chicken Wings
- Air Fryer
- 2 lbs chicken wings
- 1 tbsp all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp lemon pepper seasoning
- Preheat the air fryer to 350°F.
- Pat dry the wings with paper towels. It is important to ensure that there is no moisture to ensure crispy wings in the air fryer.
- Stir flour, salt, and pepper together and toss chicken wings, until evenly coated.
- Cook wings at 350°F for 15 minutes and then at 400°F for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Once the wings are cooked, put them in a large bowl.
- Melt butter and add it to the bowl. Sprinkle lemon pepper seasoning over the wings and mix everything together until they are coated.
- Air Fryer Stuffed Peppers - May 16, 2023
- Can You Reheat Pizza in Air Fryer? - April 28, 2023
- Healthy Air Fryer Green Beans - April 25, 2023