With a combination of brown sugar and spices, then air-fried to perfection, these Juicy Air Fryer Pork Chops are ready in just minutes! They’re a flavorful, fast weeknight dinner option!
Air frying has become a popular cooking method in recent years, and for good reason – it’s a great way to cook food that is both healthy and delicious. Air frying works by circulating hot air around the food, which results in a crispy outer crust while keeping the interior of the food moist and juicy.
This makes air frying a perfect cooking method for healthier versions of traditionally fried foods, like pork chops. Pork chops are a great option for air frying because they are thick and have a lot of surface area that can be crisped up. And because they are bone-in, they stay moist and juicy even after being cooked in the air fryer.
If you’re like me, you’re always looking for ways to cook healthier meals that your whole family will love. That’s why I was so excited to try out air frying with pork chops. The results were amazing! Not only were the pork chops cooked perfectly, but they didn’t have that greasy taste or texture that you sometimes get with fried foods. Best of all, my kids loved them! If you want to give air frying a try, here are my tips for the best results.
WHAT ARE THE BEST PORK CHOPS FOR THE AIR FRYER?
I’ve found that the very best pork chops for the air fryer are thick, center-cut, bone-in chops. The bone helps to keep the chop moist and juicy while it cooks, and the extra thickness ensures that it doesn’t dry out.
If you can’t find center-cut chops, you can certainly use regular pork chops, but they will cook a bit quicker so just keep an eye on them. Boneless pork chops will also work well in the air fryer, but I find that they can sometimes be a bit dry.
I usually try to get pork chops that are about 1 ½ inches to 2 inches thick. I like them best when they are nice and thick because it means they will have a beautiful char on all sides after cooking for the required amount of time.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED FOR THE AIR FRYER PORK CHOPS?
For these air fryer pork chops, we’ll make a rub seasoning blend that we’ll liberally coat the meat with. These seasonings will add tangy, deep flavor to the meat. These are the ingredients we require.
- Pork Chops: Bone-in, center cut pork chops, about one-and-a-half inches thick.
- Olive Oil: For rubbing on the pork chops.
- Brown Sugar: A little brown sugar adds extra flavorful to the dry rub.
- Chili Powder, Paprika, and Ground Mustard: These spices add lots of kick to the seasoning.
- Salt and Pepper
- Garlic and Onion Powder: Add some intensity to the taste of the pork
HOW TO MAKE AIR FRYER PORK CHOPS?
Preheat your air fryer to 375˚F.
While the air fryer preheats, rub oil into the pork chops. Then, in a small bowl, make the spice rub by combining the brown sugar, chili powder, paprika, ground mustard, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder.
Season both sides of the pork chops with the rub.
Arrange the seasoned pork chops in the air fryer basket. Cook them for 5 minutes, flip, and cook for 4 to 6 more minutes. The internal temperature of the pork chops should be at 145˚F.
Transfer the pork chops to a plate and let stand for 5 minutes before serving with your favorite sides.
Some sides that go well with the air fryer pork chops:
Air fryer pork chops are a delicious and healthy meal. They are easy to make and can be cooked in less than 30 minutes. Give them a try today!
Juicy Air Fryer Pork Chops
- Air Fryer
- Preheat your air fryer to 375˚F
- While the air fryer preheats, rub oil into the pork chops. Then, in a small bowl, make the spice rub by combining the brown sugar, chili powder, paprika, ground mustard, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder.
- Season both sides of the pork chops with the rub.
- Arrange the seasoned pork chops in the air fryer basket. Cook them for 5 minutes, flip, and cook for 4 to 6 more minutes. The internal temperature of the pork chops should be at 145˚F.