These crispy Air Fryer Tofu Nuggets are so super yummy and are both vegan and gluten-free! You’ll want to pile them on top of your favorite salad or just plain pop them like popcorn, with ketchup, ranch dressing, or any of your favorite dipping sauce!
You can make these Air Fryer Tofu Nuggets without oil or just a minimal amount for a super golden crust with the air fryer. Both adults and kids will love these crispy and healthy snacks!
How to Cook Air Fryer Tofu Nuggets
First, you’ll want to press the tofu for at least 20 minutes (longer if you prefer) to remove the excess water in the tofu.
To press the tofu, wrap a block of tofu in a few paper towels or a clean towel. Place it on a rimmed plate. Add a cast-iron skillet or something heavy on top. Let the water drain for at least 20 minutes. When done, pat dry to remove excess moisture on the surface. Dry tofu will give you a crispier texture when you air fry it. You can also use a Tofu Press to make it even easier.
After it’s fully pressed, pat dry and cut tofu into equally-sized squares. Place the squares in a large bowl. Add corn flour, garlic powder, smoked paprika, salt and pepper. Stir and make sure the tofu squares are evenly coated.
Preheat the air fryer at 380F. Spray the air fryer basket with some oil. Place the tofu into the air fryer basket. Make sure they are not overcrowding. This is to ensure that the hot air can circulate properly to achieve a nice and crisp texture. Cook in batches if necessary.
Lightly spray some oil on the tofu as well. Cook for 10 minutes at 380F. Once 10 minutes is up, take out the basket and give the tofu and toss. Make sure the tofu cubes are on a single layer. Put the basket back into the air fryer and fry for another 15 minutes at 380F.
When the tofu is done frying, serve the air fryer tofu nuggets with your favorite dipping sauce.
Air Fryer Tofu Nuggets
- Air Fryer
- 14 oz Extra firm Tofu
- 1/4 cup Corn Flour
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- Oil Spray
- Press the tofu for at least 20 minutes
- Pat dry and cut tofu into equally-sized squares
- Place the squares in a large bowl.
- Add corn flour, garlic powder, smoked paprika, salt and pepper.
- Stir and make sure the tofu squares are evenly coated.
- Lightly spray some oil on the tofu as well. Cook for 10 minutes at 380F.
- Once 10 minutes is up, take out the basket and give the tofu and toss.
- Put the basket back into the air fryer and fry for another 15 minutes at 380F.
- Serve the air fryer tofu nuggets with your favorite dipping sauce.
- Tyson Anytizers Frozen Chicken Wings in Air Fryer - March 18, 2023
- Who Said Frozen Chicken Pot Pie in Air Fryer Can’t Be Fabulous? - March 17, 2023
- Crispy & Flavorful Frozen Hushpuppies in Air Fryer: A Perfect Treat for Any Occasion - March 17, 2023