Last Updated on May 26, 2022 by Ashley Ward
Do you love meatballs but hate all of the oil that is required to fry them? If so, then you need to try this airfryer baked meatballs recipe! These meatballs are cooked in the air fryer and they come out crispy on the outside and moist on the inside.
Who doesn’t love a good meatball? They’re juicy, flavorful, and pair perfectly with just about anything. And now, thanks to the air fryer, you can enjoy all the deliciousness of a traditional meatball without all the guilt.
That’s because airfryer baked meatballs are made with less oil than their fried counterparts, making them a healthier option. Plus, they’re super easy to make.
WHAT IS NEEDED TO MAKE THESE AIRFRYER BAKED MEATBALLS?
Here are the ingredients required for this delicious air fryer meatballs recipe.
- Ground beef or pork: You may choose either meat or have a mixture of both to your liking
- Cornflour: To bind the meat together
- Breadcrumbs: To add some crunch to the texture
- Italian nerbs
- BBQ sauce
- Brown onion
- Medium egg
- Mozzarella cheese: Cubed them and added into the meatballs to provide extra flavor
- Olive oil
HOW tO COOK AIRFRYER BAKED MEATBALLS
In a mixing bowl, combine the breadcrumbs, herbs, pepper, salt, BBQ sauce, chopped onion, and egg with the ground meat. Using your hands (or with a spoon), mix everything thoroughly until combined.
Cover and chill for at least one hour before forming into meatballs.
Form the meatballs and insert a small amount of cheese in each to add more taste.
Coat the meatballs with flour. Set aside on a large plate or baking tray.
Preheat the air fryer for 5 minutes at 360°F.
Lightly coat the air fryer basket with oil. Place meatballs into the air fryer basket. Spread them out evenly so as not to overcrowd the basket. Cook in batches if necessary.
Cook for 20 minutes at 360°F. Turn the meatballs halfway through cooking.
Once the airfryer baked meatballs are ready, you may serve them with marinara sauce or any sauce you like.
WAYS TO SERVE THE AIR FRYER MEATBALLS
There are so many delicious ways to enjoy air fryer meatballs! Here are a few of our favorites:
- Serve them over spaghetti for a classic Italian meal
- Make mini meatballs and serve as an appetizer with toothpicks
- Skewer them on kabobs with vegetables for a fun and easy dinner
- Add them to a hearty soup or stew
- Enjoy them as is, with your favorite dipping sauce
No matter how you choose to enjoy them, we know you’ll love these air fryer baked meatballs!
HOW TO STORE THE AIR FRYER BAKED MEATBALLS
The air fryer meatballs can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. Reheat in the air fryer or oven before serving.
Air fryer meatballs are a great way to make a quick and easy meal. They’re perfect for busy weeknights when you need something fast, and they’re also great for feeding a large crowd.
Air Fryer Baked Meatballs
- Air Fryer
- 1 lb Ground Pork or Beef
- 1/4 cup Cornflour
- 3 tbsp Breadcrumbs
- 1/2 tbsp Italian herbs
- 1/2 tsp Black pepper
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp BBQ sauce
- 1 Brown onion (finely chopped)
- 1 Medium egg
- 1/4 cup Mozzerella cheese (cubed)
- 1/2 tbsp Olive oil
- In a mixing bowl, combine the breadcrumbs, herbs, pepper, salt, BBQ sauce, chopped onion, and egg with the ground meat. Using your hands (or with a spoon), mix everything thoroughly until combined.
- Cover and chill for at least one hour before forming into meatballs.
- Form the meatballs and insert a small amount of cheese in each to add more taste.
- Coat the meatballs with flour. Set aside on a large plate or baking tray.
- Cook for 20 minutes at 360°F. Turn the meatballs halfway through cooking.
- Once the airfryer baked meatballs are ready, you may serve them with marinara sauce or any sauce you like.
- Tyson Anytizers Frozen Chicken Wings in Air Fryer - March 18, 2023
- Who Said Frozen Chicken Pot Pie in Air Fryer Can’t Be Fabulous? - March 17, 2023
- Crispy & Flavorful Frozen Hushpuppies in Air Fryer: A Perfect Treat for Any Occasion - March 17, 2023