Serves: 2 | Prep time: 5 mins | Cook time: 10 mins | Total time: 15 mins
This healthier version of zucchini fries is delicious as a snack, appetizer, or side dish. By cooking with an air fryer, I only need to oil them lightly; hence it is very healthy and low in calories.
How to Make Zucchini Fries with Air Fryer
- 2 Zucchini
- 1 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1 cup Panko Bread Crumbs
- 2 tablespoon Nutritional Yeast Flakes
- 2 tablespoons Vegan egg powder
- 3/4 cup Cold water
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Olive oil
- Wash and slice the zucchini into thin fries-sized.
- Place the flour in a shallow bowl.
- Toss the Vegan Egg powder, 1 tablespoon of the nutritional yeast flakes, and cold water in another shallow bowl. Whisk until smooth.
- In a 3rd shallow bowl, mix together the panko bread crumbs, 1 tablespoon of nutritional yeast and some of salt and pepper to taste.
- Working use 1 slice of zucchini at a time, dip in the rice flour, then Vegan Egg mixture, then breadcrumb mixture, coating it nicely and evenly.
- Lightly oil the air fryer basket. Place the fries into the air fryer. Lightly coat them with oil.
- Cook for 8-10 minutes at 360°F.
- Once cooked, place the Air fryer Zucchini Fries on the serving plate.
If you need to purchase an air fryer, do check out our best small air fryer reviews for our recommendations.