Last Updated on October 3, 2020 by Ashley Ward
Serves: 10 | Prep time: 90 mins | Cook time: 25 mins | Total time: 115 mins
These homemade air fryer baked cinnamon rolls are the BEST! You will fall in love with them when you try them. They are great for breakfast, brunch, or any gatherings. These gooey cinnamon rolls taste much better when topped with a delicious cream cheese frosting! You will like them more than Cinnabon cinnamon rolls.
How to Make Baked Cinnamon Rolls with Air Fryer
- 2 1/4 teaspoon Rapid rise yeast
- 1 cup Milk
- 1 cup Butter
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 2 3/4 cup Plain flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoon Sugar
- 1 cup Cream cheese (softened)
- Heat the milk and 3 tablespoons of butter in a large saucepan until warm and melted, never reaching boiling. Remove from heat and let cool to 100°F. It should be warm but not too hot, or it will kill the yeast.
- Transfer the mixture to a large mixing bowl and sprinkle on yeast. Let activate for 10 minutes, then add 1 tablespoon of sugar and the salt and stir.
- Next, add in 1 cup of flour at a time, stirring as you go. The dough will be sticky. When it is too thick to mix, transfer to a lightly floured surface and knead for a minute or so until it forms a loose ball. Rinse your mixing bowl out, coat it with canola oil, and add your dough ball back in. Cover with plastic wrap and set in a warm place to rise for about 1 hour.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough into a thin rectangle. Brush with 3 tablespoons of melted butter and top with 1 tablespoon of sugar and 1/2 to 1 tablespoon of cinnamon (to taste).
- Starting at one end, tightly roll up the dough and situate seam side down. Then with a serrated knife or a string of floss, cut the dough into 2-inch sections and position in a well-buttered round pan (you should have about 10 rolls). Brush with remaining 2 tablespoons of butter (melted) and cover with plastic wrap.
- Preheat the air fryer to 360°F.
- Bake rolls for 25-30 minutes or until slightly golden brown in the air fryer. Let cool for a few minutes and then serve immediately.
- Frost with cream cheese frosting.
- Enjoy the baked cinnamon rolls while it’s warm!
If you need to purchase an air fryer, do check out our best small air fryer reviews for our recommendations.