Cooking Air Fryer Whole Chicken is so easy and tasty. In about an hour, you can enjoy delicious roast chicken with crispy skin. This is so simple and mess-free that you would not want to buy a rotisserie chicken from the store again. My family loves this so much that I love to cook this air fryer roast chicken at least once a month.
You can serve this with chicken with any sides you like. For my kids, they love it with french fries on the side. For me, I love this with roasted potato and green beans.
How to Cook Air Fryer Whole Chicken?
This air fryer whole chicken recipe is straightforward as the air fryer will do all the work for you. I start with a 4-pound whole chicken. First, I remove all of the stuff from the cavity. Next, in a mixing bowl, add Italian seasoning, paprika, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Mix well and apply the rub on the chicken to season it. Make sure to coat the chicken evenly.
Spray some oil onto the air fryer basket, then place the whole chicken into the basket—Cook at 360F for about 30 minutes.
Then flip the chicken and let it cook for another 20 to 30 minutes. Check on the chicken to make sure it is not burnt. Once the skin is crisp and golden brown, you can remove the chicken from the air fryer. You never want to overcook it, or it won’t be as succulent. The cooking time may vary depending on the size of the chicken you have and also depends on your air fryer.
Let it rest for 10 minutes before serving. If you have a meat thermometer, check that the temperature is 165F.
Tips for Cooking Whole Chicken in Air Fryer
- Make sure your chicken is pat dry before adding the dry rub. A dry chicken will prevent the rub from not sticking on to the chicken or slipping off during cooking.
- Depending on the size of your air fryer, you may have to break the backbone to fit. If the chicken is too big for your air fryer, breaking the backbone may be easier for it to fit into the basket.
- Make sure the chicken is coated evenly. This is to ensure that every mouthful is full of flavor.
Best Air Fryer Whole Chicken Recipe
- Air Fryer
- 4 pound Whole chicken
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Pepper
- Remove all of the stuff from the cavity
- Pat dry the chicken
- In a mixing bowl, add Italian seasoning, paprika, garlic powder, salt, and pepper
- Mix well and apply the rub on the chicken to season it. Make sure to coat the chicken evenly
- Spray some oil onto the air fryer basket, then place the whole chicken into the basket
- Cook at 360F for about 30 minutes. Then flip the chicken and let it cook for another 20 to 30 minutes.
- Once the skin is crisp and golden brown, remove the chicken from the air fryer and let it rest for 10 minutes before serving. if you have a meat thermometer, make sure the temperature is at 165F.
- Serve with your favorite sides
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
Ashley started AirfryerMasterchef to provide genuinely useful airfryer-related reviews, guides, tips, and recipes.
“I fell in love with the air fryer ever since I started using it. I am passionate about cooking with it and have created many easy recipes that anyone can try at home.”