Air Fryer Sausage Rolls is the best way to make delicious and healthy sausage rolls at home.
Air fryers are a great way to cook delicious and healthy meals with little effort. In this recipe, we will show you how to make air fryer sausage rolls. Sausage rolls also commonly known as pig-in-a-blanket, are a popular appetizer or snack. They are usually made with pork sausage wrapped in pastry dough, but can also be made with beef or lamb sausage.
Sausage rolls are a popular and delicious dish that can be found in many cuisines around the world. Using an air fryer to cook these tasty treats is an easy, convenient way to make great-tasting sausage rolls at home.
These sausage rolls are crispy on the outside and perfectly cooked on the inside. They make a great appetizer or main dish. So, let’s get started!
WHY IS IT CALLED pIG-iN-a-bLANKET?
Although the exact origin is not clear, some historians believe that it may have originated as a way to use up leftover pastry dough from making pies. Today, pig-in-a-blanket is commonly served as an appetizer or snack at parties and gatherings.
WHY YOU WILL LOVE THESE AIR FRYER SAUSAGE ROLLS?
- They are quick and easy to make.
- They are a healthy alternative to traditional fried sausage rolls, with fewer calories and less fat content.
- They only need 4 ingredients to make.
- They are great for parties, gatherings, or as a simple weeknight dinner.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED FOR MAKING PIG-IN-A-BLANKET IN THE AIR FRYER?
Here are the 4 simple ingredients for this air fryer appetizer.
- Mini sausages: You may use beef, pork, chicken, or vegetarian. I am using mini sausages for this recipe, you may use normal-sized sausages and cut them into smaller pieces.
- Puff pastry
- Sesame seeds
HOW TO MAKE AIR FRYER SAUSAGE ROLLS
Preheat the air fryer to 400F for 3 minutes.
Cut the puff pastry into 2 by 2-inches squares.
Break an egg into a bowl and use a fork to break it up and mixed evenly.
Wrap the mini sausages with the puff pastry and brush them with the egg wash. Sprinkle some sesame seeds onto the rolls.
Place the pig-in-a-blanket into the air fryer. Make sure that the rolls are spaced evenly apart so they do not stick to each other.
Cook for 10 minutes at 400F until the pastry is nicely browned and crisped.
Once the air fryer sausage rolls are cooked, take them out and set them aside.
You can eat them with tomato sauce, BBQ sauce, or just eat them as they are.
The air fryer sausage rolls were a big hit with my family. They are so easy to make and they taste great. I will definitely be making them again soon!
HOW CAN I STORE THE AIR FRYER SAUSAGE ROLLS?
The air fryer sausage rolls can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. Reheat them in the air fryer for a few minutes before serving.
CAN I USE FROZEN SAUSAGES?
Yes, you can use frozen sausages to make the air fryer sausage rolls. You will just need to thaw them first before wrapping them in pastry dough. To do this, place the sausages in a bowl of cold water and allow them to defrost for at least 30 minutes. Once they are thawed, you can wrap them in pastry and cook them according to the recipe instructions.
WHAT IS THE BEST AIR FRYER TO USE?
- Best Basket Type Air Fryer: Nuwave Brio 6 Quarts Air Fryer
- Best Small Capacity Air Fryer: Black And Decker Purifry Air Fryer
Air Fryer Sausage Rolls
- Air Fryer
- 10 Mini Sausages
- 1 sheet Puff pastry
- 1 Medium egg
- 1 tsp Sesame seeds
- Preheat the air fryer to 400F for 3 minutes.
- Cut the puff pastry into 2 by 2-inches squares.
- Break an egg into a bowl and use a fork to break it up and mixed evenly.
- Wrap the mini sausages with the puff pastry and brush them with the egg wash. Sprinkle some sesame seeds onto the rolls.
- Place the pig-in-a-blanket into the air fryer. Make sure that the rolls are spaced evenly apart so they do not stick to each other.
- Cook for 10 minutes at 400F until the pastry is nicely browned and crisped.
- Air Fryer Stuffed Peppers - May 16, 2023
- Can You Reheat Pizza in Air Fryer? - April 28, 2023
- Healthy Air Fryer Green Beans - April 25, 2023