This air fryer spicy garlic prawns recipe is one of my favorite recipes. It is a tasty and simple seafood dish. This Asian-style chili garlic shrimp recipe is loaded with BIG flavors, so juicy, spicy, and sweet! Also, it’s quick and easy to cook with an air fryer. You can enjoy this delicious and appetizing dish in just 12 minutes!
These Asian-style spicy garlic prawns or shrimps are often cooked as a whole that has head and shell on, using fresh prawns instead of frozen ones. This makes it convenient to cook, and also it retains the prawn juiciness and gives lots of flavor to the food. These Asian chili air fryer prawns have a tangy taste that will have you smacking your lips in utter satisfaction.
How to Cook Spicy Garlic Prawns with Air Fryer
As we are cooking with the head and shell on, it is very important to wash and rinse them thoroughly.
Next, preheat the air fryer to 360°F. Place the prawns into a medium mixing bowl. Add oil, chili powder, black pepper, chili sauce, and garlic into the bowl.
Stir and mix the ingredient until the prawns are unevenly coated. Add salt to taste.
Place the prawns into the air fryer and let them cook for about 5 to 7 minutes. Check on the prawns and them a toss in at 5 minutes.
Once cooked, you can serve this air fryer spicy garlic prawns with steam rice. Or you can go for a healthy low carb option with cauliflower rice.
Air Fryer Spicy Garlic Prawns
- Air Fryer
- 15 Fresh prawns (can substitute with frozen prawns or shrimps)
- 1 1/2 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 tsp Chili powder
- 1 tsp Black pepper
- 1 tbsp Sweet chilli sauce
- 1 clove Garlic (minced)
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- Wash and rinse the prawns.
- Preheat the air fryer at 360°F.
- Place the prawns into a mixing bowl. Add oil, chili powder, black pepper, chili sauce, and garlic into the bowl.
- Stir and mix the ingredient until the prawns are evenly coated.
- Add salt to taste.
- Place the prawns into the air fryer and let them cook for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Check the prawns after 5 minutes and give them a toss.
- Serve the spicy garlic prawns with rice to soak up that delicious sauce. Or go for a healthy low carb option with cauliflower rice.