The best thing about air fryer frozen french fries is that they’re so quick and easy to make. Just pop them in the air fryer, set the timer, and you’re good to go. Plus, they come out nice and crispy every time.
The air fryer is a popular kitchen appliance that has gained in popularity in recent years. This appliance uses circulating hot air to cook food, resulting in foods that are crispy on the outside and tender on the inside. French fries are among the most popular items to cook in an air fryer.
In this blog post, I am sharing a recipe for making frozen french fries in air fryer.
WHAT YOU NEED TO MAKE THE AIR FRYER FROZEN FRENCH FRIES?
I am using the COSORI Air Fryer, 5 QT, 9-in-1 Airfryer to cook the frozen french fries. I can cook for 2 to 4 people in one go using this air fryer.
My kids love french fries and I have been making different cuts of frozen french fries like crinkle cuts, shoestring, and waffle fries for them. In this recipe, I am using the Ore-Ida Country Style French Fries. You may use any type you prefer.
- Frozen French Fries: Ore-Ida Country Style French Fries
- Olive Oil
- Salt and pepper: To taste
- Chili powder
- Onion powder
- Garlic power
Preheat: First, preheat your fryer to 400 degrees F.
Arrange: Place the fries in a single layer into the air fryer basket and then spray some olive oil for better crisping.
Cook: Last, cook for 10 minutes at 400 degrees F. Give the french fries a shake and cook for another 8 to 10 minutes depending on how crispy you want the fries to be.
Serve: Finally, you can serve your delicious snack with your favorite dipping sauce. My kids love the tomato ketchup.
How to serve THE AIR FRYER FROZEN FRIES?
You can serve these air fryer frozen french fries as a snack with any dipping sauce you like anytime.
There are many dipping sauces that go great with french fries. Here are some of my favorites:
- Ranch dressing
- Barbecue sauce
- Honey mustard
- Sour cream
- Cheese sauce
The air fryer frozen french fries can also be an easy side dish for your fried chicken, steaks, or burger.
Different types of Fries
- Thin Fries: These are long and thin, like shoestring or julienne fries. They’re typically fried twice for extra crispiness.
- Steak Fries: These are thick and hearty, making them perfect for dipping.
- Waffle Fries: These have a unique shape with ridges that make them great for scooping up sauce.
- Curly Fries: These are spiraled and have a fun, curly shape.
Frequently asked questions:
Do I need to preheat the air fryer for this recipe?
No. You do not need to preheat the air fryer. You just have to cook the frozen fries longer.
What seasonings can I use for french fries?
There are so many seasonings you can use for french fries. Some great seasonings for french fries are:
How can I reheat the frozen french fries?
If you have leftovers, you can reheat the frozen french fries in the air fryer for about 5 minutes at 400 degrees F. Or, you can reheat them in the oven at 425 degrees F for about 10 minutes.
DO YOU NEED TO THAW THE FROZEN FRIES?
Nope! You can cook the frozen french fries right from frozen. No need to thaw them first.
Tips for making crispy air fryer frozen french fries
- Cook the french fries in batches so that they have enough space to cook evenly.
- Do not overcrowd the air fryer basket.
- Shake the french fries halfway through cooking so that they can cook evenly.
Crispy Air Fryer Frozen French Fries
- Air Fryer
- 1 pound frozen french fries
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat your fryer to 400 degrees F.
- Place the fries in a single layer into the air fryer basket and then spray some olive oil for better crisping.
- Cook for 10 minutes at 400 degrees F. Give the french fries a shake and cook for another 8 to 10 minutes depending on how crispy you want the fries to be.
- Serve your delicious snack with your favorite dipping sauce.