Serves: 2 | Prep time: 15 mins | Cook time: 20 mins | Total time: 35 mins
Cook this Salted Egg Chicken using the air fryer at the comfort of your own home, and it doesn’t take long to make! The fried chicken is exceptionally crispy and very tender on the inside, together with the rich and creamy salted egg yolk sauce, the combo is just simply amazing. Believe me, if you love the salted duck eggs, this dish is an absolute must-try!
How to Cook Salted Egg Chicken with Air Fryer
- 2 Boneless Chicken thighs
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 20 Curry Leaves
- 1 Egg (beaten)
- 1 cup Corn Flour
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- 2 Chilli Padi (sliced)
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Pepper
- 1 tablespoon Rice Wine
- 4 Salted Egg Yolks
- 2 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon Garlic (minced)
- 1 teaspoon Ginger (minced)
- Cut chicken thigh into 3 cm chunks. Place chicken into a medium bowl.
- Add pepper, sugar, salt, rice wine to chicken and marinate for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, steam the 4 egg yolks for 10 minutes. Once done, mash the egg yolks as finely as possible. Set aside.
- Preheat air fryer to 180C for 3 minutes. Lightly coat the airfryer basket with oil.
- Add the beaten egg into the bowl with the chicken. Mix well.
- In a shallow bowl, add in the cornflour. Evenly coat the chicken with cornflour and place them into the air fryer. Cook for 10 minutes.
- In a frying pan on medium heat, add butter and 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Once butter melts, add in garlic, ginger, curry leaves, and chili. Fry for approx. 3 minutes.
- Add the salted egg yolks. On medium heat, break up the yolk as much as you can with your spatula. Continue to fry until the egg yolk changes color.
- Finally, add the chicken, then toss to coat with sauce and serve.
- Serve the salted egg chicken with rice.