Crazy good Air Fryer Churros, you won’t believe how easy they are to make.
The air fryer is one of the most popular kitchen appliances on the market today. It’s no wonder why, with its ability to cook food using less oil than a traditional deep fryer. This means that you can enjoy all your favorite fried foods without worrying about unhealthy added fats and calories.
Today, we’re going to show you how to make air fryer churros. They’re crispy on the outside and fluffy on the inside, and they taste amazing when dipped in chocolate sauce or caramel sauce. So if you’re looking for a fun new way to enjoy your air fryer, be sure to try this recipe.
WHAT ARE CHURROS?
Churros are a traditional Mexican dessert that consists of fried doughnut-like pastry tubes that are coated in sugar and cinnamon. They are usually served with chocolate or caramel sauce for dipping, and they are incredibly delicious.
WHY YOU’LL LOVE AIR FRYER CHURROS?
There are several reasons why you’ll love air fryer churros. Firstly, they are cooked using less oil than traditional deep-fried churros, which means that they are healthier. They are also incredibly easy to make, and they taste just as good as the deep-fried version.
Secondly, you do not have to spend a long time standing in hot heat to cook them.
Thirdly, they come out perfectly crispy on the outside and fluffy on the inside – just the perfect dessert that kids will love.
And lastly, they are just so darn delicious!
WHAT YOU WILL NEED tO MAKE AIR FRYER CHURROS?
To make air fryer churros, you will need the following ingredients.
- All-Purpose flour
- Unsalted butter
- Large eggs
HOW TO MAKE CHURROS IN AIR FRYER?
Combine the butter, water, sugar, and milk in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat while stirring frequently.
Add flour and continue to mix thoroughly. Remove from the heat and continue to stir until the mixture comes together into a smooth ball.
When the dough reaches the smooth ball stage, transfer it into a large mixing bowl and let it cool for a few minutes.
Add eggs one at a time into the dough mixture, and mix until smooth. I’m using an electric mixer for this. Let the mixture cool for a while.
Preheat the air fryer to 400F.
Place the dough into a piping bag with an open star decorating tip attached.
Pipe the dough onto a parchment paper, at about 3-4 inches each. Alternatively, you may pipe the dough directly into the air fryer basket if you prefer.
Spray some oil onto the air fryer basket, and transfer 8 to 10 churros dough into it. Ensure that you leave enough space in between each churro. Spray some oil onto the churros.
Cook the churros in the preheated air fryer for about 6-8 minutes until they are golden brown.
In a small bowl, mix together the cinnamon and sugar. When the churros are done, add them to the cinnamon sugar immediately and roll them until they are coated.
Allow the churros to cool on a wire rack for a few minutes before serving with any of your favorite chocolate or caramel sauces.
HOW LONG DO AIR FRYER CHURROS LAST?
Air fryer churros are best served immediately, but they will keep in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 days. Reheat them in the air fryer for a few minutes before serving.
CAN THESE AIR FRYER CHURROS BE PREPARED AHEAD OF TIME?
Yes, you can make air fryer churros ahead of time. Simply prepare the dough and pipe the churros. Then, place the churros on parchment paper and freeze them. When you’re ready to cook them, simply take them out of the freezer and air fryer them.
WHAT SAUCE CAN YOU USE FOR AIR FRYER CHURROS?
There are many different sauces that you can use for air fryer churros. Chocolate and caramel are two of the most popular, but you could also try using fruit sauce, whipped cream, or even ice cream. Get creative and experiment with different flavors!
WHAT IS THE BEST AIR FRYER TO USE?
- Best Basket Type Air Fryer: Nuwave Brio 6 Quarts Air Fryer
- Toaster Oven Style Air Fryer: Cuisinart Digital Air Fryer Toaster
Air Fryer Churros
- Air Fryer
- electric mixer
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1 1/2 tbsp Sugar
- 1/2 cup Butter
- 1 cup All purpose flour
- 3 Large eggs
- 1 tbsp Cinnamon
- Combine the butter, water, sugar, and milk in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat while stirring frequently.
- Add flour and continue to mix thoroughly. Remove from the heat and continue to stir until the mixture comes together into a smooth ball.
- When the dough reaches the smooth ball stage, transfer it into a large mixing bowl and let it cool for a few minutes.
- Add eggs one at a time into the dough mixture, and mix until smooth. I'm using a electric mixer for this. Let the mixture cool for a while.
- Preheat the air fryer to 400F.
- Place the dough into a piping bag with an open star decorating tip attached.
- Allow the churros to cool on a wire rack for a few minutes before serving with any of your favorite chocolate or caramel sauces.
- Air Fryer Stuffed Peppers - May 16, 2023
- Can You Reheat Pizza in Air Fryer? - April 28, 2023
- Healthy Air Fryer Green Beans - April 25, 2023