Air Fried Asparagus is a healthy side dish for any meal. Asparagus is a great vegetable that’s perfect for any time of year at any occasion. The easiest way to prepare them is to blanch them and toss them with some olive oil. However, roasting the asparagus in the air fryer with a touch of garlic and parmesan will have your kids eating up their greens. I love to add a squeeze of lemon onto it to enhance the flavor.
Once you’ve air fried asparagus, you will fall in love with it. Air fryer asparagus give you a similar texture as roasting them in the oven. If you want it to be crunchier, you have to cook it for a shorter time. Cooking asparagus in the air fryer is so much faster than roasting them, you have them ready in just 8 minutes.
How Do You Choose Good Asparagus?
Asparagus looks weird, right? So, how do you pick out the good one? Asparagus isn’t quite as easy to pick out as let says carrots or tomatoes. Here are some tips for picking out the best asparagus at the store.
- The asparagus stalks should be bright green and firm.
- At the tips of the asparagus spears, the leaves should be dry, firm, and held tightly against the stalk. Do not pick those that have wet-looking tips.
- Thinner stalks will be more tender comparing to thicker stalks, as they are chewier and sometimes have a “woody” texture.
How To Make Air Fried Asparagus?
First, wash the asparagus well under running water to remove any grit. Once done, pat dry the asparagus by laying them on a chopping board.
Next, trim off the bottom of the stalk. The ends tend to be dry and woody, so you need to get rid of them. Trim around 1 to 2 inches. You may need to trim more if you are using a small air fryer so that the asparagus can fit into the air fryer. Peel the stalks if you are working with thick asparagus, as they tend to be quite chewy.
Preheat the air fryer to 400°F.
Place the asparagus into the air fryer basket. Do not stack the stalk so that you can cook them evenly.
Spray a little olive oil onto the asparagus, making sure to lightly coat it from top to bottom. Add some garlic mash and parmesan. Add some salt and pepper to taste.
Cook for 8 to 10 minutes, depending on the thickness of the asparagus. You can poke a fork into the thickest part of the stalk to check the doneness after 8 minutes. Once cooked, it should be easy for the fork to poke through.
After the air fried asparagus is cooked, take them out from the air fryer and place them onto a serving plate.
Add more parmesan and a squeeze of lemon to add more flavor to it.
This can be a perfect side dish for air fryer salmon.
Serves: 4 | Prep time: 2 mins | Cook time: 8 mins | Total time: 10 mins
This air fried asparagus recipe is easy, quick, and requires very minimal effort and ready to serve in less than 10 minutes. Kids will love this recipe. This is suitable for keto-diet as well.
- 1 bundle Asparagus
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Black pepper
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp Garlic (mashed)
- 1/2 Lemon
- Wash and pat dry the asparagus.
- Trim the bottom of the stalk and peel the skin off for thicker asparagus
- Heat the air fryer to 400°F for 5 minutes.
- Place the asparagus into the air fryer basket, avoid stacking them.
- Add some parmesan cheese and garlic.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Take the air fryer asparagus out and place them onto a serving plate.
- Add more parmesan cheese as a topping and squeeze some lemon juice onto the air fried asparagus.
- Serve with your favorite main course.