Last Updated on March 30, 2023 by Ashley Ward
Imagine biting into a perfectly crispy, golden-brown Tai Pei egg roll, its delicious filling bursting with flavor. Now, what if we told you there’s a way to enjoy this scrumptious treat without the guilt and mess of deep-frying? Intrigued?
Join me as I reveal the air fryer magic that’s transforming the way I cook these irresistible Asian appetizers – Tai Pei Egg Rolls in Air Fryer. But wait, there’s more! We’re also dishing out our top tips, dipping sauce ideas, and serving suggestions that will elevate your egg roll game to a whole new level.
Ready to become an egg roll aficionado? Keep reading!
What are Tai Pei Egg Rolls?
Tai Pei egg rolls are a popular frozen food product inspired by the flavors of Asian cuisine. These fantastic frozen goodies come packed with an assortment of delightful ingredients like veggies, chicken, pork, and shrimp.
Perfect as a quick appetizer, satisfying snack, or even a yummy side dish, these egg rolls have always been a crowd-pleaser. Traditionally, deep-frying was the go-to cooking method for egg rolls, but we’re here to show you a healthier and less oily alternative!
Benefits of cooking Tai Pei Egg Rolls in Air Fryer
Air fryers have become a game-changer for cooking Tai Pei egg rolls, offering a range of mouth-watering benefits:
- Healthier indulgence: Air frying uses minimal oil, making this egg rolls a guilt-free treat with fewer calories and less fat.
- Quick and convenient: Perfect for busy cooks, air fryers cook egg rolls faster than conventional methods and feature user-friendly controls.
- Even cooking: Hot air circulation ensures consistent, golden-brown egg rolls with perfect textures and flavors every time.
- Effortless clean-up: Minimal oil usage means no messy grease, and dishwasher-safe parts make clean-up a breeze.
- Versatility: Air fryers are fantastic for cooking a variety of dishes, from appetizers to desserts, and reheating leftovers to crispy perfection.
In short, air-frying Tai Pei egg rolls are a delicious, health-conscious, and hassle-free choice for anyone who loves crispy, scrumptious egg rolls.
What do you need to cook Tai Pei Egg Rolls in Air Fryer?
Ready to whip up some incredibly crispy and delicious Tai Pei egg rolls using your trusty air fryer? Here are the few items you need:
- Tai Pei egg rolls: Purchase your preferred variety of Tai Pei egg rolls from your local grocery store. They are available in various flavors to suit your taste.
- Cooking spray: A light coating of cooking spray helps enhance the crispiness of the egg rolls while using minimal oil.
- Dipping sauces: Gather your favorite dipping sauces or prepare homemade ones to serve alongside the egg rolls for added flavor and enjoyment.
- Air fryer: A good-quality air fryer is essential for achieving crispy, perfectly cooked egg rolls without the mess of deep-frying.
How to make Air Fryer Tai Pei Egg Rolls?
Before diving into cooking, it’s crucial to prep your air fryer. Preheat it to the recommended temperature of 360°F for 5 minutes. A preheated air fryer guarantees an even cooking environment.
Next, spritz the air fryer basket or tray with non-stick cooking spray or a touch of oil. This prevents sticking and enhances crispiness. For extra crunch, brush a thin layer of oil onto the egg rolls themselves.
When loading your Tai Pei egg rolls into the air fryer, a proper arrangement is key. Place them in a single layer with ample space between each roll to avoid touching or overlapping. This spacing ensures hot air circulates freely, resulting in evenly cooked, crispy egg rolls.
Don’t overcrowd the air fryer, as this can lead to uneven cooking and subpar crispiness. If needed, cook in batches to maintain optimal spacing and airflow. With your egg rolls perfectly arranged, you’re all set to air fry your way to a mouth-watering treat!
Set your air fryer to 360°F. Cook for 8 to 10 minutes, but keep in mind that times may vary based on your air fryer model and egg roll size.
Halfway through cooking, use tongs or a spatula to flip each egg roll, ensuring an even cooking and crispy texture on both sides. This step is crucial for that perfect golden-brown finish.
Keep a close eye on your egg rolls during cooking, especially in the last few minutes, to avoid overcooking or uneven browning. After 8-10 minutes, adjust their position for better airflow and uniform cooking if necessary, and cook for another 2-3 minutes if required to achieve the perfect crisp.
Once they’re crispy and golden, remove them from the air fryer and serve.
What are the ways to serve the Air Fried Tai Pei Egg Rolls?
- Asian slaw: Serve a zesty, crunchy slaw with shredded cabbage, carrots, and tangy dressing for a refreshing contrast.
- Edamame: Offer steamed edamame seasoned with sea salt or garlicky spice as a protein-packed, flavorful side.
- Rice or noodles: Serve egg rolls with jasmine rice, fried rice, or stir-fried noodles for a filling and tasty meal.
- Flavorful salads: Pair egg rolls with a vibrant salad, like Thai mango or Vietnamese noodle salad, for a light, refreshing meal.
- Protein picks: Complement egg rolls with teriyaki chicken, beef, and broccoli, or tofu stir-fry for a well-rounded meal.
- Soup: Offer a comforting bowl of miso, hot and sour, or egg drop soup to highlight the egg rolls in a cozy meal.
Tips for making the perfect Tai Pei Frozen Egg Rolls in Air Fryer
- Preheat for perfection: Always preheat your air fryer to the suggested temperature before adding egg rolls for consistent cooking.
- Space matters: Arrange egg rolls in a single layer with some space between them in the air fryer basket, ensuring no touching or overlapping.
- Flip for even browning: Turn egg rolls halfway through cooking to get that beautiful, evenly golden-brown color on all sides.
- Brief resting time: Let egg rolls rest for a couple of minutes on a paper towel-lined plate to absorb excess oil and cool slightly before serving.
- Serve hot and fresh: Enjoy your Tai Pei egg rolls straight from the air fryer, paired with your favorite dipping sauces for the ultimate taste experience.
Cooking Tai Pei egg rolls in air fryer is a real game changer for food lovers who crave that crispy, golden-brown deliciousness without the guilt and mess of deep-frying. The simplicity, speed, and health benefits of air frying make it the perfect method for preparing this Asian favorite at home.
So go ahead, grab your air fryer and some Tai Pei egg rolls, and let the fun begin! With the essentials we’ve shared and the incredible dipping sauces to accompany your masterpiece, you’ll be impressing your friends, family, and taste buds in no time.
Happy air frying, and remember, the key to creating unforgettable dishes is to embrace your culinary creativity and savor every bite!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What’s the difference between Egg Rolls and Spring Rolls?
Egg rolls and spring rolls are both popular Asian appetizers, but they have some key differences. Egg rolls typically have a thicker, chewier wrapper made with wheat flour and eggs, while spring rolls have a thinner, more delicate wrapper made with wheat or rice flour without eggs.
Egg rolls usually have a savory filling of cooked meats, vegetables, and seasonings, while spring rolls can have a savory or sweet filling of fresh raw vegetables, meat, or fruits.
Can I air fry frozen egg rolls, or do I need to thaw them first?
Yes, you can air fry frozen egg rolls without thawing them first. Simply place the frozen egg rolls in the air fryer basket and cook at the recommended temperature and time, flipping them halfway through.
Keep in mind that cooking times may vary based on the size and type of egg rolls and your air fryer’s brand and model.
Can I use a different brand of frozen egg rolls with my air fryer?
Yes, you can use different brands of frozen egg rolls with your air fryer, but cooking times and temperatures may vary depending on the brand and size of the egg rolls.
Always check the package for recommended cooking instructions, and adjust the cooking time and temperature as needed based on your air fryer’s performance.
Can I make my own egg rolls to air fry instead of using frozen ones?
Yes, you can make your own egg rolls to air fry instead of using frozen ones. Homemade egg rolls are a great way to customize the filling to your liking and experiment with different flavors and ingredients.
What dipping sauce can I serve with air fryer egg rolls?
Some dipping sauces that you can use – classic sweet and sour sauce, spicy sriracha mayo, Thai chili sauce, or homemade soy-ginger dipping sauce.
Some other air fryer recipes that you may like:
Crispy Tai Pei Egg Rolls in Air Fryer
- Air Fryer
- 1 box Tai Pei Egg Rolls
- cooking spray
- dipping sauces
- Preheat it to the recommended temperature of 360°F for 5 minutes
- Spritz the air fryer basket or tray with non-stick cooking spray or a touch of oil. This prevents sticking and enhances crispiness. For extra crunch, brush a thin layer of oil onto the egg rolls themselves.
- Place the Tai Pei egg rolls into the air fryer. Place them in a single layer with ample space between each roll to avoid touching or overlapping.
- Set your air fryer to 360°F. Cook for 8 to 10 minutes, but keep in mind that times may vary based on your air fryer model and egg roll size.
- Once they're crispy and golden, remove them from the air fryer and serve.
- Air Fryer Stuffed Peppers - May 16, 2023
- Can You Reheat Pizza in Air Fryer? - April 28, 2023
- Healthy Air Fryer Green Beans - April 25, 2023