Last Updated on September 27, 2022 by Ashley Ward
Cooking lamb chops is not an intimidating feat, especially with this air fryer lamb chops recipe. You can enjoy juicy, tender, and succulent chops in just 17 minutes! A simple herb and garlic marinade make each bite burst with delectable flavor. Lamb meat not only tastes good, but it is also packed with nutrients and is rich in protein, vitamins, and essential minerals.
Cooking a romantic dinner for your loved one? Consider cooking lamb chops – it is very easy and it tastes juicy and delicious. This is especially so when you follow this simple air fryer lamb chops recipe.
What is the Difference Between Lamb Chops and Lamb Loin Chops?
You can use either the lamb rack chops or lamb loin chops (also known as lamb saddle) for this Airfryer Lamb Chops. The lamb rack consists of 8 ribs in each section. You can cut in between the ribs for lollipop-like chops. A rack of lamb consists of tender and flavorful meat.
If you prefer thicker meat, you can choose the lamb loin for your lamb chops. It looks like a smaller version of a T-bone steak. They are best when cut thick, remove some of the fats, and these chops possess some of the most tender and juiciest meat.
In this Lamb Chops in Air Fryer recipe, I am using the lamb rack chops. You may use the lamb loin chops if you like that better.
What do you need to make air fryer lamb chops?
- Lamp rack: Cut into lamb chops
- Olive oil
- Fresh oregano: finely chopped to add flavor to the lamb
- Garlic puree
- Salt and Pepper
HOW TO COOK LAMB CHOPS IN AIR FRYER?
As I am using the rib chops in this recipe, the cooking timing is much shorter. If you are using lamb loin chops instead, you can add another 2 to 3 minutes of cooking time.
Cut the rack of lamb into chops. Then, in a resealable bag, add herbs, garlic puree, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Leave some of the garlic purees for later. I like to add a little oil to the recipe, as the olive oil will help to brown the protein a little more than without olive oil. This makes the air fried lamb chops more flavorful.
Next, place the lamb chops into the bag, seal them, and coat the ingredients evenly onto the lamb chops. Let the lamb chops marinate in the fridge for 1 to 2 hours. Marinating the chops is an excellent way to pre-salt the meat, which helps the chops retain moisture while they cook. It also gives the lamb extra flavor by marinating with herbs and garlic.
Preheat the air fryer at 360°F for about 3 minutes. I prefer to preheat the air fryer, as the lamb chops will start cooking immediately after placing them into the air fryer. Place the marinated chops in a single layer into the air fryer basket. Cover the gaps of your air fryer grill pan with unpeeled garlic cloves. You may have to cook the lamb chops in batches depending on the size of your air fryer.
Place the basket into the air fryer and cook for 6 minutes. After 6 minutes, turn the chops over with a spatula, and add the rest of the garlic puree to the lamb chops. Cook for another 6 minutes. Let the air fryer lamb chops rest for one to two minutes before serving.
I love to serve my lamb chops with mashed potatoes and sautéed asparagus, and garlic mint sauce on the side.
Best Temperature for Air Fryer Lamb Chops
What is the best temperature for lamb chops? Lamb chops taste the best at rare to medium doneness. Overcooking the lamb chops may result in dry and less-than-tender meat, which is unpleasant to eat. You can use the finger test to check the doneness, or if you have a meat thermometer, try to aim for 125°F for rare, 135°F medium-rare, and 145°F medium.
Air fryer lamb chops are a great way to celebrate the spring season. With their delicate flavor and crispy texture, they make a delicious main course or appetizer. And thanks to the airfryer, they’re easy to prepare – even for novice cooks. So why not give them a try? We think you’ll love them!
HOW TO REHEAT LAMB CHOPS IN AIR FRYER?
If you’re looking for a quick and easy way to reheat your lamb chops, then the air fryer is the perfect appliance. In just a few minutes, you can have perfectly cooked lamb chops that are juicy on the inside and crispy on the outside. Here’s how to do it:
1. Preheat your air fryer to 400F.
2. Place the lamb chops in the air fryer basket, making sure that they are not touching or overlapping.
3. Cook for 3-4 minutes, or until heated through.
Air Fryer Lamb Chops
- Air Fryer
- 1 Lamp rack (cut in 8 chops) medium size
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 1/2 tbsp Fresh Oregano finely chopped
- 5 cloves Garlic
- 2 tbsp Garlic puree
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- In a resealable bag, add herbs, garlic puree, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Leave some of the garlic purees for later.
- Place the lamb chops into the bag, seal it and coat the ingredients evenly onto the lamb chops.
- Let the lamb chops marinate in the fridge for 1 to 2 hours.
- Preheat the air fryer at 360°F. Place the marinated chops in a single layer into the air fryer basket. Cover the gaps of your air fryer grill pan with unpeeled garlic cloves.
- Place the basket into the air fryer and cook for 6 minutes. After 6 minutes, turn the chops over with a spatula, add the rest of the garlic puree on the lamb chops. Cook for another 6 minutes.
- Let the air fryer lamb chops rest for one to two minutes before serving.
- Air Fryer Stuffed Peppers - May 16, 2023
- Can You Reheat Pizza in Air Fryer? - April 28, 2023
- Healthy Air Fryer Green Beans - April 25, 2023