Last Updated on September 27, 2022 by Ashley Ward
Air fryer potato skins are the perfect appetizer for a party! They’re easy to make and everyone will love them. Follow these simple steps to make delicious air fryer potato skins.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO MAKE THE AIR FRYER Potato Skins?
I am using the PowerXL Air Fryer Vortex 7 Quart to cook this quick and easy appetizer.
Besides an air fryer, you only need a few things to make this recipe.
- Russet potatoes: 4 Russet potatoes cooked and cut into halves
- Sour cream
- Cheddar cheese
- Green onions: chopped and use as toppings
- Bacon: cooked and cut into small pieces to use as toppings
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper: to taste
First, you need to cook the potatoes to get the potato skins. You can cook them by baking or by using the air fryer.
If you using the oven, bake the potatoes at 400F for 45-60 minutes, flipping over halfway through. Poke some holes and wrap them in foil to prevent the skin from getting burnt. The cooking time will vary with different-sized potatoes.
For the air fryer, you can drizzle some oil onto the potatoes and then cook them in the Air Fryer at 400 F for about 40 to 50 minutes.
Once the potatoes are cooked, cut them in half lengthwise, then scoop out a bit of the potato flesh, and set them aside.
Drizzle some oil onto the inside of the potatoes. Place them into the air fryer and cook for 5 minutes at 400F.
Open the air fryer basket, and add cheese and the bacon bits to the inside of the potatoes. Cook for another 3 minutes at 350F.
Remove the potato skins from the air fryer and top them with sour cream and green onions. Serve them while they are hot.
Additional optional toppings that you can add:
- Diced tomatoes
- Diced onions
- Blue cheese
- Ranch dressing
Frequently asked questions:
How to Reheat Potato Skins?
If you have leftover potato skins, you can easily reheat them in the air fryer. Just place them in the air fryer basket and cook at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 3-5 minutes, or until heated through.
How to Freeze Air Fryer Potato Skins?
If you want to make these potato skins ahead of time, you can easily freeze them. Just cook the potato skins according to the recipe instructions. Then, let them cool completely and place them in a freezer-safe bag. When you’re ready to eat them, just reheat them in the air fryer.
WHAT TYPE OF POTATO IS BEST FOR BAKED POTATOES?
I always use russet potatoes for my potato skins. They’re large and have a nice, fluffy texture. However, you could also use Yukon gold potatoes or red potatoes.
Tips for making AIR FRYER Potato Skins
- Be sure to use cooking spray on the air fryer basket. This will help to prevent the potato skins from sticking.
- If you want extra crispy potato skins, you can brush them with a little bit of oil before cooking.
- Toppings can be added before or after cooking. If you add them before, they may not get as crispy.
- These potato skins are best served fresh. However, you can reheat leftovers in the air fryer.
Air Fryer Potato Skins
- Air Fryer
- 4 large russet potatoes
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 2 slices bacon
- green onions
- Cook the potatoes to get the potato skins
- Once the potatoes are cooked, cut them in half lengthwise, then scoop out a bit of the potato flesh, and set them aside.
- Drizzle some oil onto the inside of the potatoes. Place them into the air fryer and cook for 5 minutes at 400F.
- Open the air fryer basket, and add cheese and the bacon bits to the inside of the potatoes. Cook for another 3 minutes at 350F.
- Remove the potato skins from the air fryer and top them with sour cream and green onions. Serve them while they are hot.