Last Updated on May 27, 2022 by Ashley Ward
Air Fryer Onion Rings are easy to make and so delicious! Perfectly seasoned onion rings that are extra crispy make a great party appetizer or movie night snack. Thanks to your air fryer, you can have this crunchy favorite back to your plate without feeling guilty.
Making fried onion rings in the air fryer is very straightforward and with all the oily mess. Compared to deep-frying, you can save a lot of oil and also save lots of calories. These Crispy Air Fryer Onion Rings are well-seasoned and soft on the inside and crispy on the outside.
Besides air fryer onion rings, some of the game-day snacks that I love to make for my family are Air Fryer Buffalo Wings, Air Fryer Chicken Tenders, and Air Fryer Crispy Potato Wedges. Making them with the air fryer is so much healthier as very little oil is needed. You should try out some of these recipes too.
Which Onion Should We Use For Fried Onion Rings?
Sweet onions like Texas, Vidalia, Texas, or Walla Walla are best for Fried Onion Rings since they’re sweet and usually flatter than other onions. Moreover, they don’t have a that sharp and pungent taste.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO MAKE AIR FRYER ONION RINGS?
- All-purpose flour
- Smoked paprika
- Large egg
- Panko breadcrumbs
- Sweet onion, cut into 1/2-in.-thick rounds and separated into rings
- Olive oil
How to Make Air Fryer Onion Rings?
First, cut the onion into 1/2-inch thick slices and then separate them into rings.
Next, in a shallow bowl, stir together flour, paprika, and 1/4 teaspoon of salt. In a second shallow bowl, lightly beat egg and water. In a third shallow bowl, stir together breadcrumbs and 1/4 teaspoon salt.
Dredge onion rings in flour mixture, shaking off excess. Dip in egg mixture, allowing any excess to drip off. Dredge in breadcrumbs mixture, pressing to adhere. Coat evenly.
Cook at 375°F until golden brown and crispy, about 10-12 minutes. You don’t need to turn the onion rings during the cooking process, as they will get perfectly crispy on both sides.
Once cooked, lift out the onion rings with a fork and serve.
Frequently Asked Questions:
How long do you cook onion rings in air fryer?
Onion rings are a delicious and popular snack, but they can be a bit tricky to cook. If you’re using an air fryer, the cooking time will be shorter than if you’re using a traditional oven. The best way to ensure that your onion rings are cooked evenly is to cook them for about 10 to 12 minutes at 375 degrees Fahrenheit
What temperature should I air fry onion rings at?
For perfectly crispy air fryer onion rings, cook them at 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
Easy Air Fryer Onion Rings Recipe
- Air Fryer
- 1/2 cup All-purpose flour
- 1 tsp Smoked paprika
- 1 large Yellow sweet onion (sliced 1/2-inch thick and separated into rings)
- 1/2 tsp Salt (divided)
- 1 Large egg
- 1 tbsp Water
- 1 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- In a shallow bowl, stir together flour, paprika, and 1/4 teaspoon of the salt.
- In a second shallow bowl, lightly beat egg and water.
- In a third shallow bowl, stir together breadcrumbs and 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- Dredge onion rings in flour mixture, shaking off excess. Dip in egg mixture, allowing any excess to drip off. Dredge in breadcrumbs mixture, pressing to adhere. Coat evenly.
- Lightly spray air fryer basket with oil.
- Place the rings in a single layer in the air fryer basket. Make sure there is space between them. Cook in batches if required.
- Cook at 375°F until golden brown and crispy, about 10-12 minutes.
- Once cooked, lift out the onion rings with a fork and serve.