A few weeks ago, I had the most unforgettable experience – and it’s something that any seafood lover should try! Air fryer frozen clam strips are a delectable treat: not only is this cooking method simple and convenient, but these morsels of frozen goodness turn into golden-brown bites of heaven. With just one bite my taste buds were in love with this crispy delicacy!
Being a seafood devotee and having limited time, I was ecstatic to find the perfect combination of these two elements – air frying! It allows me to indulge in my favorite dishes with no mess and minimum effort. With the air fryer, I now have access to an array of delicious recipes that can be made quickly so that I don’t miss out on anything. And who doesn’t love striking gold?
I can almost hear some of you skeptically questioning, “Frozen clam strips? Are you sure?” Well, let me tell you: this recipe will undoubtedly revolutionize your opinion on frozen seafood. You’ll be completely addicted to these air fryer clam strips after a single bite – trust me!
What Do You Need to Make The Perfect Air Fryer Frozen Clam Strips?
- 1 box of frozen clam strips (SeaPak Clam Strips)
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil or cooking spray
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional: your favorite dipping sauce (I recommend tartar sauce, cocktail sauce, or sriracha mayo)
- Air Fryer: I recommend using Ninja Air Fryer
How to Make Frozen Clam Strips in Air Fryer?
First things first, set your air fryer to 400°F (200°C) and let it preheat for about 5 minutes. This is an essential step to ensure that your clam strips cook evenly and get that crispy, golden-brown exterior we’re after.
While your air fryer is preheating, open your bag of frozen clam strips and gently toss them with a tablespoon of olive oil, or give them a light spray of cooking oil. This helps them crisp up and prevents them from sticking to the air fryer basket. Season them with a pinch of salt and pepper to taste.
Once your air fryer is heated, arrange the clam strips in a single layer in the air fryer basket, making sure they don’t overlap. Depending on the size of your air fryer, you may need to cook them in batches.
Cook the clam strips at 400°F (200°C) for 10 minutes, and give them a shake halfway through the cooking time to ensure even browning. Keep an eye on them to prevent overcooking. They should be crispy and golden brown when they’re done.
Once your clam strips have reached crispy perfection, carefully remove them from the air fryer and transfer them to a serving plate. Serve them hot, alongside your favorite dipping sauce, and get ready to enjoy the tastiest seafood treat!
Dipping Sauce Ideas to Elevate Your Air Fryer Frozen Clam Strips
While the clam strips themselves are absolutely mouthwatering, adding a dipping sauce can take them to a whole new level. Here are some of my favorite dipping sauces to pair with air fryer frozen clam strips:
- Classic tartar sauce: You can never go wrong with this creamy and tangy sauce. Combine some mayonnaise, chopped pickles or relish, fresh lemon juice, and a pinch of salt and pepper, and you’ve got a classic dipping sauce that complements the clam strips beautifully.
- Zesty cocktail sauce: For a kick of flavor, mix some ketchup, prepared horseradish, Worcestershire sauce, and a dash of hot sauce. This zesty, tangy sauce pairs perfectly with the crispy clam strips and adds a burst of flavor to every bite.
- Sriracha mayo: If you’re a fan of spicy sauces, you’ll love this one. Simply mix some mayonnaise with sriracha sauce (adjust the amount according to your heat preference) and a splash of lime juice. This creamy, spicy sauce is the perfect way to add some heat to your clam strips.
- Garlic aioli: For a more sophisticated twist, try whipping up a quick garlic aioli. Combine mayonnaise, minced garlic, lemon juice, and a touch of Dijon mustard for a rich and flavorful dipping sauce that’ll have your taste buds singing.
As a fellow seafood fan, I implore you to try these delicious air fryer frozen clam strips. Crispy, flavor-packed, and effortless to make, they will quickly become a regular in your home. You’re guaranteed not to be disappointed – trust me!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Can I use any brand of frozen clam strips for this recipe?
Yes, you can use any brand of frozen clam strips for this recipe. However, the cooking times may vary slightly depending on the thickness and size of your clams strips, so keep an eye on them to ensure they don’t overcook.
Can I cook the clam strips fresh instead of frozen?
Yes, you can cook fresh clam strips using this same recipe. However, keep in mind that they will cook faster than frozen clams due to the lack of added moisture from the freezing process.
Can I reheat leftover air fryer frozen clam strips?
Yes, you can heat up leftover clam strips from the air fryer. To keep them crunchy, it is best to put them back in the air fryer instead of the microwave. Turn on your air fryer and set it to 350°F (180°C). Cook the clam strips for 3-5 minutes or until they are hot again and crunchy. Be careful not to cook them too long.
How do I store leftover air fryer frozen clam strips?
Leftover clam strips can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. When you’re ready to enjoy them again, simply reheat them using the instructions above.
Crispy Air Fryer Frozen Clam Strips
- Air Fryer
- 1 box frozen clam strips
- cooking spray
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Set your air fryer to 400°F (200°C) and let it preheat for about 5 minutes.
- While your air fryer is preheating, open your bag of frozen clam strips and gently toss them with a tablespoon of olive oil, or give them a light spray of cooking oil. This helps them crisp up and prevents them from sticking to the air fryer basket. Season them with a pinch of salt and pepper to taste.
- Arrange the clam strips in a single layer in the air fryer basket, making sure they don't overlap.
- Cook the clam strips at 400°F (200°C) for 10 minutes, and give them a shake halfway through the cooking time to ensure even browning.
- Once your clam strips have reached crispy perfection, carefully remove them from the air fryer and transfer them to a serving plate. Serve them hot, alongside your favorite dipping sauce, and get ready to enjoy the tastiest seafood treat!
- Air Fryer Stuffed Peppers - May 16, 2023
- Can You Reheat Pizza in Air Fryer? - April 28, 2023
- Healthy Air Fryer Green Beans - April 25, 2023