Serves: 4 | Prep time: 5 mins | Cook time: 10 mins | Total time: 15 mins
These fish paste fritters are popular in most seafood restaurants in Singapore and Malaysia. This air fryer fish paste fritters recipe is a less-oily version of the original ones. I promise that you will love the crispy and crunchy fritters and the flavorsome fish paste. Enjoy this as a snack or a side dish.
How to Cook Air Fryer Fish Paste Fritters
- 3 pair Fried Dough Fritter (You Tiao) – Can substitute with puff pastry.
- 1 cup Fish paste
- 1 teaspoon Sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Pepper
- 1/4 cup Carrot (finely chopped)
- 1/4 cup Spring Onion (finely chopped)
- 1/2 cup Prawn (finely chopped)
- 2 Egg Whites
- 3 tablespoons Cornflour
- 1/2 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon Sesame Seeds (for garnish)
- Split the dough fritters apart, cut into five 2-inch pieces.
- Cut a slit in the middle soft part of fritter.
- In a mixing bowl, add fish paste, sesame oil, sugar, pepper, sugar, onion, prawn, egg whites, and cornflour.
- Combine and mix well.
- Spread the paste into each dough fritter. Garnish with sesame seeds.
- Preheat air fryer for 5 minutes at 325°F.
- Lightly spray some olive oil onto the air fryer basket.
- Place the fritters into the air fryer. Cook for 10 minutes. Give them a toss halfway through.
- Take the fritters out from the air fryer and serve an appetizer or snacks.
Check out our reviews on the best small air fryers in 2020 here.
Ashley started AirfryerMasterchef to provide genuinely useful airfryer-related reviews, guides, tips, and recipes.
“I fell in love with the air fryer ever since I started using it. I am passionate about cooking with it and have created many easy recipes that anyone can try at home.”