Serves: 4 | Prep time: 5 mins | Cook time: 10 mins | Total time: 15 mins
These fish paste fritters are popular in most seafood restaurants in Singapore and Malaysia. This air fryer fish paste fritters recipe is a less-oily version of the original ones. I promise that you will love the crispy and crunchy fritters and the flavorsome fish paste. Enjoy this as a snack or a side dish.
How to Cook Air Fryer Fish Paste Fritters
- 3 pair Fried Dough Fritter (You Tiao) – Can substitute with puff pastry.
- 1 cup Fish paste
- 1 teaspoon Sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Pepper
- 1/4 cup Carrot (finely chopped)
- 1/4 cup Spring Onion (finely chopped)
- 1/2 cup Prawn (finely chopped)
- 2 Egg Whites
- 3 tablespoons Cornflour
- 1/2 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon Sesame Seeds (for garnish)
- Split the dough fritters apart, cut into five 2-inch pieces.
- Cut a slit in the middle soft part of fritter.
- In a mixing bowl, add fish paste, sesame oil, sugar, pepper, sugar, onion, prawn, egg whites, and cornflour.
- Combine and mix well.
- Spread the paste into each dough fritter. Garnish with sesame seeds.
- Preheat air fryer for 5 minutes at 325°F.
- Lightly spray some olive oil onto the air fryer basket.
- Place the fritters into the air fryer. Cook for 10 minutes. Give them a toss halfway through.
- Take the fritters out from the air fryer and serve an appetizer or snacks.
Check out our reviews on the best small air fryers in 2020 here.