Craving some no-fuss, flavorful pork belly strips? Your air fryer is the answer! Since it can quickly and evenly cook food, your air fryer ensures that you won’t have to wait long for a delicious meal.
In this blog post, I will share my simple air fryer pork belly strips recipe that requires minimum ingredients and effort. So if you’re ready to enjoy scrumptious pork goodness in just a few minutes, keep reading to learn how easy it really is!
What is Pork Belly?
Pork belly is a delectable cut of meat that comes from the underside or belly region of pigs. It has an intense flavor and richness, which makes it absolutely irresistible in dishes such as bacon, pork-belly buns, and even stir fry! You won’t be able to resist this robust delicacy with its palatable taste profile.
Pork belly is commonly used in many Asian cuisines, where it is roasted or braised until tender and served with rice, noodles, or vegetables. Due to its high-fat content, pork belly is often enjoyed in moderation as part of a balanced diet.
WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN PORK BELLY AND BACON?
Despite being sourced from the same cut of pork, bacon, and pork belly are actually very different in both their preparation and presentation.
Pork belly is a boneless cut taken from the underside or “belly” of a pig that contains an abundance of fat.
On the other hand, bacon refers to pork belly which has been cured with salt, smoked for flavor enhancement, and sliced into thin strips – making it ideal for frying up as a delicious breakfast side!
Why do you cook pork belly strips in air fryer?
Cooking pork belly in the air fryer has several advantages over other methods of cooking. The air fryer allows you to achieve that crispy texture and delicious flavor without the need for excessive amounts of oil.
What’s more, you can whip up a delicious pork belly dish without the hassle of using your oven or stove. By air frying it, you’ll be able to enjoy this succulent meal in only a fraction of the time!
Best of all, the air fryer is easy to use, requires minimal preheat time, and is easy to clean up.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO MAKE Air Fryer Pork Belly Strips?
To make this dish, you’ll need just a few simple ingredients that you likely already have in your kitchen. Here’s what you’ll need:
- Pork Belly Strips: You’ll need about 1 pound of pork belly strips for this recipe. Pork belly is a fatty cut of meat that becomes crispy and flavorful when cooked in an air fryer.
- Soy Sauce: Soy sauce is a salty and savory sauce that adds flavor to the pork belly strips.
- A Can of Coke: Coke is used to add sweetness to the pork belly strips and balance out the salty soy sauce.
- Garlic Powder: Garlic powder is a versatile spice that adds flavor and depth to the pork belly strips.
- Chilli Powder: Chilli powder adds a bit of heat to the strips to give them an extra kick.
- Black Pepper: Black pepper is a must-have spice that adds a little kick to the dish.
- Salt: A pinch of salt is all you need to take the flavor up a notch.
- Olive Oil: Olive oil is used to coat the pork belly strips and help them cook evenly in the air fryer.
That’s it! With these simple ingredients, you’ll be able to create a delicious and satisfying meal that’s perfect for any occasion.
How to remove pork smell from the pork belly?
If you want to remove the pork smell from the pork belly before cooking it, there are a few things you can try:
- Soak the pork belly in cold water: This can help to remove some of the strong odor and flavor from the pork belly. Make sure to change the water several times during the soaking process.
- Rub the pork belly with salt or vinegar: Rubbing the pork belly with salt or vinegar can help to reduce some of its unpleasant odor and taste.
- Marinate the pork belly: Infusing the pork belly with a potent combination of aromatic herbs, spices, and other ingredients can create an alluring flavor while masking any pungent aromas.
- Use fresh pork belly: If you’re sensitive to the smell of pork, try using fresh pork belly instead of frozen, as frozen pork can have a stronger odor.
These methods can help to reduce the pork smell from the pork belly, but keep in mind that pork belly does have a naturally strong flavor and aroma, which is part of its appeal for many people.
How to cook pork belly strips in air fryer?
Now that you have all the ingredients, it’s time to get cooking! Here are the steps for how to cook pork belly strips in your air fryer:
Preheat: Preheat your air fryer to 400°F (204°C).
Preparation: In a bowl, combine the soy sauce, Coke, garlic powder, chili powder, black pepper, and salt. Whisk the ingredients together until everything is well combined.
Place the pork belly strips in a large bowl and pour the marinade over them. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and place it in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour to let the flavors infuse into the meat.
Once the pork belly strips have marinated, remove them from the refrigerator and let them sit at room temperature for 10 minutes.
Arrange: Place the pork belly strips in your preheated air fryer basket in a single layer then lightly spray them with olive oil.
Cook: Cook the pork belly strips for 8-10 minutes, then flip them over and cook for another 6-8 minutes until they are crispy and golden brown.
Once the pork belly strips are done cooking, remove them from the air fryer and let them cool for a few minutes.
Serve: Serve the pork belly strips with your favorite dipping sauce or side dish and enjoy!
There you have it—a simple and delicious dish that your family is sure to love! With minimal effort and ingredients, you can enjoy this tasty meal in just a few minutes.
How to serve the AIR FRYER Pork Belly Strips?
Air Fryer Pork Belly Strips are a versatile and tasty dish that can be served in many different ways. Here are some ideas for serving them:
- As an Appetizer: Impress your dinner guests with a delectable and shareable appetizer of pork belly strips, accompanied by the perfect dipping sauces like soy sauce, sweet chili, or hoisin.
- As a Main Dish: Impress your guests with a delicious and fragrant meal composed of succulent pork belly strips served atop a bed of fluffy rice or noodles, complemented by your favorite vegetables.
- In Tacos or Wraps: Fill up soft or crispy taco shells or wraps with succulent pork belly strips, crunchy shredded cabbage, fragrant cilantro, and your preferred garnishes for a delicious yet uncomplicated meal.
- On a Salad: Craft a delightful and flavorful salad by layering pork belly strips atop mixed greens, crisp cucumbers, and carrots, and drizzling it all with a tangy vinaigrette.
The possibilities are endless! There’s no wrong way to serve air fryer pork belly strips—the only limit is your imagination.
Helpful tips to cook the perfect air fryer pork belly strips
Here are some helpful tips for making the perfect air fryer pork belly strips:
- Pat the pork belly dry before cooking: This process eliminates any extra moisture, which allows the pork belly to crisp up perfectly in the air fryer.
- Cut the pork belly into uniform strips: Ensuring that the pork belly slices are uniform in size ensures even cooking, leading to a consistently flavorful texture.
- Preheat the air fryer: To guarantee that your pork belly cooks quickly and uniformly, preheat the air fryer first.
- Place the pork belly strips in a single layer: This ensures that the pork belly strips cook evenly and don’t stick to each other.
- Flip the pork belly strips halfway through cooking: To ensure both sides of the pork belly strips are evenly cooked and crisp, be sure to flip them over midway through cooking.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs):
Can I use a different seasoning for the AIR FRYER pork belly strips?
Yes, you can use any seasoning you prefer for the pork belly strips. Just make sure to coat them evenly with your chosen seasoning before placing them in the air fryer.
how long to air fry pork belly strips?
If your pork chops are tough, they may be overcooked. Be sure to check the internal temperature of the pork chop with a thermometer to ensure it has reached 165°F before serving.
Additionally, be mindful of cooking time, as overcooking can produce a tough texture.
do you have to boil pork belly before air frying?
Boiling pork belly before air frying is not necessary, but some recipes may call for it. Boiling pork belly can help to remove some of the excess fat and make it easier to achieve a crispy texture in the air fryer. It also helps to remove the pork smell from the pork belly.
How can I prevent the pork belly strips from sticking to the air fryer basket?
To prevent the pork belly strips from sticking to the air fryer basket, you can also lightly coat the basket with cooking spray or oil before placing the pork belly strips in it. Otherwise, you may also use parchment paper in the air fryer basket.
Making pork belly strips in the air fryer can be a great way to enjoy this flavorful dish without all of the added fat and calories. For those looking for an easy yet delicious meal option that won’t break your calorie budget – try making these delicious air fryer pork belly strips today!
Some other air fryer recipes that you may like:
- Tyson Anytizers Frozen Chicken Wings in Air Fryer - March 18, 2023
- Who Said Frozen Chicken Pot Pie in Air Fryer Can’t Be Fabulous? - March 17, 2023
- Crispy & Flavorful Frozen Hushpuppies in Air Fryer: A Perfect Treat for Any Occasion - March 17, 2023