Air Fryer Cod is a great way to enjoy cod without all the fuss. It’s simple, quick, and easy!
If you’re looking for an easy and healthy way to enjoy cod, look no further than this Crispy Air Fryer Cod Recipe. Cod is a mild fish that pairs well with various seasonings, making it a versatile dish. And with just a few simple ingredients, this cod recipe is sure to be a hit! So, fire up your air fryer and give this recipe a try today.
When cooking cod, it’s important to choose the right type of air fryer. If you have a small air fryer, I recommend using thin slices of cod so they cook evenly. If you have a larger air fryer, you can use thicker slices or even whole cod fillets.
WHAT IS COD?
Cod is a type of fish that is found in the waters off of Europe and North America. It’s a popular choice for seafood lovers because it’s mild in flavor and can be cooked in a variety of ways. Cod is also a good source of protein and omega-3 fatty acids, which are beneficial for your health.
There are many types of Cod, namely:
- Atlantic Cod (Scrod, Whitefish)
- Pacific Cod (Alaska Cod, True Cod, Grey Cod, Tara, Codfish)
- Black Cod (Sablefish, Butterfish)
- Lingcod (Buffalo Cod, Bluefish, White Cod)
- Rockfish (Rock Cod, Pacific Snapper)
- Pollock (Alaskan Pollock)
The most common one is Atlantic cod. When choosing cod, look for fillets that are thick and white. You can also find cod that has been frozen, which is a good option if you’re looking for a more budget-friendly option.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED FOR THE AIR FRYER COD
- All-Purpose Flour
- Panko Bread Crumbs
- Cayenne Pepper
- Garlic Powder
- Black Pepper
- Olive Oil or Cooking Spray
HOW TO MAKE AIR FRYER COD
Clean and pat dry the sliced cod. Next, preheat the air fryer to 360°F.
Before cooking, you will need to set up a dredging station. Start by putting flour in one bowl, beaten eggs in a second bowl, and panko breadcrumbs mixed with paprika, cayenne, garlic powder, salt, and pepper in the third bowl.
Dip the filet into the flour, then the eggs, and finally the breadcrumbs mixture. Prep the air fryer basket by lightly coating it with olive oil or cooking spray.
Mist the coated cod fillets and place them into the air fryer basket on a single layer. Be sure not to overcrowd the basket. Cook in batches if necessary.
Cook the fish at 360°F for 5 minutes, flip and cook for 5 more minutes. The coating should be golden, and the fish should flake easily.
Once ready, serve immediately with veggie, salad, or chips.
CAN YOU USE FROZEN COD FISH?
You can use frozen fish but make sure you thaw your fillets out before breading them, but you’ll want to dry them off with paper towels first. The drying process helps the breading to stick. If cooking the frozen fish without any sort of coating at all, it will take more time than usual.
- If some of the coatings come off while flipping fish halfway through cooking, add a little more panko and spray with a bit more olive oil to keep it on.
This air fryer cod recipe is simple, quick, and healthy. The end result is a crispy and tender piece of fish that everyone will love.
ARE AIR FRYERS GOOD FOR COOKING FISH?
Air fryers are a great way to cook fish because they give it a nice crispy exterior without deep frying it. This helps to keep the fish moist on the inside. When cooking cod in an air fryer, I recommend coating it in oil or cooking spray before cooking to prevent it from sticking to the air fryer basket.
HOW LONG SHOULD I COOK FISH IN THE AIR FRYER?
The amount of time that you cook your fish in the air fryer will vary depending on the thickness and size of your fillets. As a general rule, I find that cooking fish for 8-10 minutes at 360°F usually results in moist and flaky fish.
WHAT ARE BEST AIR FRYER TO USE
- Best Basket Type Air Fryer: POWER XL AIR FRYER
Crispy Air Fryer Cod
- Air Fryer
- 4 Cod fillet
- 1 Large egg
- 1 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1/2 tsp Cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Ground black pepper
- Olive oil or Cooking spray
- Clean and pat dry the sliced cod.
- Set up a dredging station. Start by putting flour in one bowl, beaten eggs in a second bowl, and panko breadcrumbs mixed with paprika, cayenne, garlic powder, salt, and pepper in the third bowl.
- Dip the filet into the flour, then the eggs, and finally the breadcrumbs mixture.
- Cook the fish at 360°F for 5 minutes, flip and cook for 5 more minutes. The coating should be golden, and the fish should flake easily.
- Once ready, serve immediately with veggie, salad, or chips.